A bit of a change of pace from my usual, by the book, tongue in cheek (especially if she’s cute) reviews. By fluke, friends of mine were able to have a Scotch tasting up North recently at my parents cottage on National Scotch Day. If only it were in the US then we would have been official.
None the less, of the 12 Scotches we had, there were 4 that I hadn’t reviewed yet, so this will be both a “Scotch party” post and 4 Scotch reviews.
First we had an amazing dinner, cooked by my mother, my beautifully talented wife, and helped by yours truly. Dinner included:
- Baked ham with brown sugar and Chinese Five spice rub
- Garlic chili sauce green beans
- Ginger honey carrots
- Steamed cauliflower with a homemade bechamel sauce
- Roasted garlic and rosemary potatoes
Paired with the Scotches were:
- Fruit flan, homemade with blueberries and strawberries
View original post 1,227 more words