I apologize for my absence, it’s been almost 2 months since my last review.
Ardbeg Kelpie 46% ABV, $140 CAD
- Nose: Peat, pine, salt, brine, pepper, caramel popcorn, diaper wipes.
- Taste: Cedar wood chips, creamy vanilla, smoked salmon, chard steak, Hickory Sticks, and a big peat kick.
- Finish: Long, hickory note lingers, decent viscosity, but I bet the Committee Release is epic!
- Thoughts: The virgin oak works well here. Reminds me a lot of Octomore 7.4. Really enjoying this! The finish is like someone blended a bag of Hickory Sticks into smoothy form. Another home-run by Ardbeg. I like this more than Ugi for sure, and its approaching Corryvreckan level score for me.
- Score: 91.5 + 0 value point(s) = 91.5/100
Like my new view? Yeah, me to 🙂
After my initial score I will add or subtract points relative on how I perceive value (based on what I paid for the bottle). A zero value means I think the price is justified.