In July 2020 we had a virtual tasting with Bernard Walsh of the Walsh Whisky Distillery in Ireland, presented by Woodman Wines and Spirits. Bernard gave us an overview of the history of Walsh Whiskey, and the ins and outs of their two brands, Writer’s Tears and The Irishman.
We had a chance to try 5 expressions from those brands, and the group consensus was they kept getting better and better! The drams we tasted were:
- Writer’s Tears Copper Pot
- Writer’s Tears Red Head Single Malt
- The Irishman 12 Single Malt
- Writer’s Tears Mizunara wood single cask
- The Irishman 17 Single malt sherry
Here are some pics of the event and the whiskey we enjoyed!